Free Verse Poetry Competition 2017 is an all-India poetry writing competition. It has been established to encourage aspiring young poets and help them get recognized for their talent. We seek to award poetry that is original, creative and unique. Beginners are encouraged to participate.
Free Verse is an open form of poetry without any rules. You are free to express yourself any way you wish. It has no specific form and can be of any length. It can rhyme or not. Punctuation does not matter. It is an experimental form of poetry that youngsters around the world use.
Grand Prize: INR 25,000/- 2nd Prize: INR 15,000/-
3rd Prize: INR 10,000/- Top 20 Places: INR 2500/-
100 Commendable Mentions are awarded certificates of merit. All participants receive electronic certificates of recognition.
Selected Poets will be published in a book of poetry by Delhi Poetry Slam.
1. Poems must be in English. 2. Participants must be 13 years and above to enter the competition.
3. The competition is strictly open to Indian Nationals only. 4. Poems must be original works of the participant. 5. Copyright of the poems remains with the author.
6. Previously published and self published poems are allowed.
7. Beginners are encouraged to participate. 8. All topics and themes are accepted.
There is no word limit, both short and long poems are equally welcome. 10. The entry fee to participate in Free Verse Poetry Competition is INR 500 for one poem and INR 1000 for three poems. 11. An individual can enter the poetry competition more than once by paying the respective fee for the number of poems.
12. The early bird deadline for the contest is 17th December 2017, 11.59 PM. Results will be announced by 28th February 2018 on our website.
Click below on the links to pay the entry fee for the competition. Upon paying the entry fee, you will receive an e-mail with the submission form to attach your poems.